Sunday, August 3, 2014

Hypochondroplasia family get together

August has started, so this MAY mean that I will have time to post a little bit more often than I have recently.

Let me do an inventory of what I would like to write about over the next few weeks, not necessarily in this order:

- Madison family get together
- US trip going away action plan
- Emotional well-being
- Misguided article on seizures
- I never finished my article series about limb lengthening, so I owe the 3rd portion
- I think there is another article on seizures I haven't shared yet
- Where we stand with GH treatment
- PRECICE limb lengthening
- Low PAPP-A and SD

So, the family get together. This was our second time meeting with 3 other families and we had a new family coming along as well. It surprised me again how much we had to talk about and how it didn't matter that we hardly know each other.

No matter what lots of people say, HCH is not like achondroplasia, although some features are very similar, there are lots of other potential concerns, so meeting other families is such a unique opportunity. I wish we had a chance to do that more often, but we haven't really connected with any of the 3 families we know in Ireland.

It was great to see one of the fellow blogger mums and her family as well, HI VANESSA!!! I can't help but wonder if this group will meet again with Dr Pauli retiring. I suppose at least we have FB to keep in touch.





No comments:

Post a Comment