Monday, August 18, 2014

Preschool

Fi is starting pre-school in Sep, in fact she will start settling in next Monday. She will be 3 and 3 months starting. Tara was 18 months, Lia was about 2.5 when they started, you notice a pattern. I do think it was great for Lia and Fi to stay at home a bit longer, but she is ready and needs the company.

I had my meeting with the creche manager today. I chose my slogan to be: encourage her to be independent just as you would any other child this age, but watch if she needs help. I think this is fair, as this is the approach you would take with all kids this age.

Both of my older kids went to the same creche so it helps that I know the place really well, I knew what to check.

We looked at the garden to see what she could do, observed her going up and down the stairs. looked at her in the room, at the table and in the bathroom.

I think she will be grand, she will figure everything out. The only thing we will put in writing is the fire escape protocol that she needs to be carried downstairs. I was very pleased that the creche manager actually suggested that.

Yes her feet dangle off the chair and she might need a footstep and she mightn't be able to reach the toilet paper sitting down, but we will tackle these if they become problematic.

Now, I will just focus on the settling in, she was not so sure coming home... She said to call the lady and tell her that she wasn't coming... Got to love 3 year olds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment