Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My gorgeous baby




I know it seems that I am very focused on all the medical stuff, which I am probably, but I do enjoy Fi as a baby tremendously. She is a typical third child, very laid back with all the extreme noise around, although her hearing is super good now.
She is nearly 10 months now and enjoys a party with her sisters. Every time they dance, she moves to the music. She hates being on her own, in the mornings the kids take turns in entertaining her, I think it's her favorite time of the day...
She is a real show off, the rare minutes that she gets to spend just with me and my husband, she goes into major action, showing all her skills... this evening it was all about clapping and squealing, very-very cute.
Her favorite thing to do now is standing next to her cot, holding onto the rail with one hand and chewing on something with the other. She does try to sit down when we tell her and/or if she feels like it, but it's more like a big jump just yet. She has managed to take a few steps, but she is not properly cruising yet.
Question: Has anyone's baby seem to struggle a bit with clapping, Fi does bang 2 objects really well together (like every time she grabs 2 objects at once) and can kind of clap when lying on her back, I think it's too difficult for her to control sitting up and clapping at the same time yet, but when she does clap on her back she never kind of flexes her hands up... When she is sitting up and I try clapping with her, her little arms seem very stiff and don't seem long enough to do the job fuly...My other 2 really enjoyed clapping, but Fi's arms are very short, I put a 0-3 cardigan on her the other day, and it was short on her waist, but the sleeves had to be rolled up just like when she was that age, so I reckon her arms haven't grown at all since she was born... Anyway, this was a really long-winded way of asking if anyone's kids had difficulty to clap properly because of elbow restriction and rhizomelic shortening issues?

2 comments:

  1. She is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Look at those eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 11month who normal statued just now got the hang of it so I don't think it has to do with every child is different don't worry so much friend she's great I only hope my boy (with achon) learns motor skills as quickly he's not here yet but like u I find myself restily worried and tryn to learn as much as possible before he gets here

    ReplyDelete