Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 12, 2011

was the day when the life we knew, ended. For a man of such few words, my husband can define things so   precisely. He says that on May 12, 2011 when we were told that there would be something wrong with our baby for sure, and she may even die, we entered a new dimension... I suppose we all live in parallel worlds, but since I have kids, I thought that my life was mostly parallel to all the other semi-boring suburban mothers' life (before I used to feel like I was a UFO, but that's long over). Anyhow, I took great comfort in fitting in and conforming; it made life a lot simpler. And then this other life that knew nothing of, started. When you are faced with the unthinkable, you become a different person, you think and feel things that you never knew were there.
I thought today would be a hard anniversary, that all the pain and confusion of that day would hit me. But it didn't, and the reason for that was that we have an adorable baby who is nearly a year old now...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this really hits home with me. It's amazing how live thousands of miles away from each other but we are going through such similar feelings. She is so beautiful! You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn,
    Yes, you and I seem to be going through the same emotions, in a weird way I fell I have more in common with some new ACH/HCH parents than with my friends of 20 years, now that's a frightening thought.

    ReplyDelete