Thursday, May 24, 2012

Temperance

I have never done this before, but I cannot not do it...

Look at these pictures, isn't this baby gorgeous?

My 5 year old looked at her and said that she looks like her sister, Fiona, and she does... Her head is a bit bigger, her legs are shorter, there is something unusual about her, she has dwarfism.... she is adorable and she has no mummy or daddy by her side.
This child is in an orphanage and is waiting to be adopted. I hope that one day we will be able to adopt a child with dwarfism, I would want to take Temperance today... But for now the best I could do was to contribute towards her adoption costs and post her on my humble blog with a handful of visitors.
Will you guys do the same?! Will you hope with me (and pray if you do that) that a family that will adore her, will find her and take her and that they will have enough funds and energy and time to go through the adoption process.




Here is where you can donate: http://reecesrainbow.org/38546/temperance-15h

I have tears in my eyes as I type this and my heart is broken that Temperance has most likely been left alone because of her dwarfism, but I want to do more than cry about this for a few minutes and think how great we are and happy Fi is to have a family like us... Please do the same, don't just get emotional...




3 comments:

  1. I can't quit thinking about this baby girl either! It's so hard to imagine why and how someone could give her up. Was it because of her diagnosis? Was she going to be put up for adoption anyways because of the family's situations? It's hard to imagine why but more importantly what will happen now? :( She's just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite sure it must have been because of the diagnosis, in eastern Europe (where I am originally from, so I can say this), there is a whole culture of rejecting babies with health issues... Did you see the good news that apparently a family has stepped forward on Friday to adopt her?! I hope we will see who they are and perhaps can help with fundraising and at least do something. She is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete