Monday, October 15, 2012

Cognitive dissonance

according to wikipedia is the term used in modern psychology to describe the state of holding two or more conflicting cognitions (e.g., ideas, beliefs, values, emotional reactions) simultaneously. An example of this would be the conflict between wanting to smoke and knowing that smoking is unhealthy.

What I have been wanting to write about is not cognitive dissonance in the true sense of the word, but I can't find a better term for it. How can someone be so imperfect, yet so perfect to me? How can I be so aware most of the time of her condition and how can she not? How can I raise her to believe that she is just like her sisters and has no limitations?
I can't put my head around it. You all know me by now, I need to rationalize until the point of understanding or utter exhaustion.




No comments:

Post a Comment