Saturday, December 8, 2012

In the true spirit of Christmas

may I just say that if one more person comes up to us to tell us that Fi "is the smallest baby they have ever seen walking" or that she is "almost too small to be walking" - I might just have to murder them on the scene. I may grab a Christmas tree stand to stab them with. I can see the headlines now, "Angered, recently naturalized woman, stabs passer by for commenting on size of child..."

I know that people do it because they think she is really cute, but it's such a tricky situation to get into over and over again, I had 4 of them today within an hour.... I am enjoying my child, she is gorgeous, smart and a real sweetheart, why do I need to be constantly reminded that she is different.

I can't exactly say to them: "Khmmm, you know she has a medical condition, this is why she is so small". Or "Well actually, she has a restricted growth condition/dwarfism this is why she is so small." this doesn't make for good education, people would be so embarrassed...

Anyhow, this post is really just to show that we are alive and well - not yet in jail anyhow, and I have a plan to post a ton over the holiday season as I will have 3 weeks off... I will overload everyone with my posts. Until then, peace and stop commenting on other people's children...

4 comments:

  1. I used to get that all the time with LH. I even got it with my AH daughter, but that was because she was walking at 9.5 months. Just smile and nod...though I will now have thoughts of Christmas trees in my head the next time someone makes a comment. ;)

    (looking forward to being overloaded!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just today I heard a 'he's too small to be walking' comment and an image of a Chritmas tree popped into my head! I tried hard not to giggle ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to have provided that visual... But seriously, what are people thinking... We actually had someone say to us that she is so tiny and cute walking around, that they would be ready to pick her up and run... And this is without Fi sporting her new purple glasses... With her glasses on she looks like a purple baby owl... My husband thinks she looks like some giant glasses walking around on legs... :-)

      Delete
  3. Even though Reid isn't walking yet I sense that people just can't "figure it out". I know that the comments will bug me, just like the puzzled looks do, but hopefully I will either shrug it off or find the right words. One thing is for sure, it's not going to be easy. Either way, we are doing a great job with our kiddos! ;)

    ReplyDelete