Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A real girly girl

I suppose it doesn't come as a surprise that Fiona is a real girly girl, the other 2 are as well and of course she learns from them as she watches them, not me, there probably isn't a bigger tomboy of a woman on the planet than I am.
What surprises me is how early she is interested in her clothes. I think she has been able to point at her "pretty dress" for at least 2 months now, she can do lots of body parts, but of course not all, so learning the dress seemed definitely a priority.

I am really tired today, having to do all that I have to do in Aug is exhausting, a lot of it is fun, but I am still really tired today. The 2 eldest girls were in the pool with G and I was getting Fi ready for her bath. I get melancholic when I am tired, I was thinking about how automatic it has become for me to I remember to roll up her tops' sleeves twice when I lay out her clothes for after her bath (tells you a lot about the Irish weather, eh, we hardly buy any short sleeve tops for the kids). Then I got out the 12-18 trousers that I got hemmed for her; that was a big step for me, I would have put a smaller size on her, but she hasn't had enough trousers that suited her, so I got some hemmed coming to the realization that by the time the length would fit her, the waist won't. I can then un-hem them and give them to my sister whose baby is 6 months younger (another tough one, to give away all the baby clothes, knowing that we won't have more... not in a good place today).
So I was all in my thoughts but forgot all about them focusing on my sweet company.
Until I started dressing Fi, she saw her top and was mesmerized by it, there was a big pink butterfly with gemstones and a dancy-dancing (one of her favorite words) fairy with a skirt made out of some netty material (lace?), and there were flowers and birdies and it was oh so exciting, we had to go through it 3 times and she was still petting the fairy's skirt as she was going to her crib to sleep with her pink ragdoll. Of course I am not organized enough to have a picture... in another life... Until then a recent picture.

2 comments:

  1. Love girly girls!!! She's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny. I didn't realize clothes-interest could start that young (E still couldn't care less what I put on him and he's 3). Though w/ her personality, I have a feeling that Sabela will have very strong opinions about everything.

    ReplyDelete