Friday, October 19, 2012

Meeting Dr S.

Was exactly the way I imagined. I love doctors who don't shy away from questions, and he did not. He gave detailed knowledgeable answers, measured correctly and was pleasant and I could see that he genuinely cares about his patients.
He did not have any ortho concerns and said that the bowing of her right tibia is very mild, borderline infantile bowing.
He was very specific about the ortho complications, differences between HCH and ACH. I really can't fault him.
Hospital facilities are amazing, very easy to go to PT, pool, accommodation.
Support staff seem to be rather inefficient and I met a few weird characters. I did not realize how hard it must be for the mums to be here for months, being so close to so many others who are in a similar situation. It seems very involved,maybe I couldn't do it. At the same time I can really see the benefits as well.
The biggest take away for me is not to try and look after Fi on my own, should we take this route. since the grandmas aren't working, they could help. Yes that could get a bit tricky too, but I think she would really benefit from someone else being around as well. Both for emotional and physical support.

No comments:

Post a Comment