Friday, December 28, 2012

18 months measurements

I have just realized how I have been slacking to post measurements, I wanted to post every months and I haven't done it for over a year, shame on me.... In case anyone ever will be looking to see what Fi's pattern of growth was.... If anyone is ever interested, you can e-mail me and I will scan the growth charts...

OK, so here is the crack in a nutshell... I am using the official WHO breastfed baby charts. I have now moved to the z scores, which I love because they show - 3 SD as well unlike standard charts which just go to -2 SD.

She was at -2 SD at birth for height and stayed right on that line for a while. At 9 months she dropped down to - 3 SD and has been following that curve until now. So at 18 months I have measured her at 72 cm. That is about the 70th on the ACH chart.

I am sticking with my measurement as mine was by far the closest to what Dr Pauli got at 16 months. We had a 2 week period when our usual paed, an endo and Dr Pauli all measured her, all got a totally different number with more than 3 cm over an inch difference. Hence my decision just to stick with my figures, not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, it's just easiest for consistency...

Head growth: she was at the 60th or so at birth and shot up like crazy within 3-5 months to + 2 SD and stayed there ever since. That is about the 30th for ACH.

Her weight is about 9 kgs. Dr Pauli told us to absolutely use the ACH weight/length charts and she is well below the mean between -1 and -2 SD. To be honest weight has been the least of my concerns, she still breastfeeds, eats a lot of fruit and veg, we don't carry junk food in the house except around Christmas so I think we are doing OK on the weight management front.

No comments:

Post a Comment